Control Beyond via Artnet with Chauvet Showxpress Lighting Software

Garrett_502

I'm having trouble with setting up ShowXpress to control Beyond with artnet. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm using a wired ethernet connection, and I've set the Beyond computer's IP address to the same IP network as showxpress. I'm using 192.x.x.250 with showxpress, and 192.x.x.251 with beyond. I engaged DMX-IN. I selected the FB3 style control. In Showxpress, it asks for the 'fixture's' artnet address. I use the ip address of the computer running beyond. Does that sound right? I'm seeing udp packet activity in the dmx monitor, but nothing is happening in Beyond. IP networking has never been my forte unfortunately, but everything seems right. What am I missing? Has anyone successfully controlled Beyond with showxpress via artnet?

in BEYOND:

go to settings >> dmx >> dmx / art-net settings.
Go to the second block of the new window where it shows input.
Enable Universe 1. It will open a popup window where you can set the art-net Universe number.
Go to the tab input option >> enable fb3 style, and select the dmx start address. Press okay to confirm this setting.

After that, go to ShowXpress and try the ip address of the BEYOND laptop or try 192.x.x.0 .
Make sure that ShowXpress has the same art-net universe set as in BEYOND.

Does this help?

I've done all those steps. There's really no way to see what 'artnet' universe I'm using in showxpress. It's relatively simple dmx software, and doesn't have a whole lot of options. I believe that the artnet universe is just '1', which is really the same as the dmx universe 1. It's still using the channels from the standard dmx universe, you basically just designate those channels to send artnet. I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Like I said, I can see packets being sent and received in the dmx monitor in Beyond, but there's just no changes taking place, and the controls are doing anything.

What you could try:
Sometimes universe 1 is 0, depends on the implementation of the dmx software.
try the 2.2.2.x range as they suggest on youtube, otherwise I am afraid I need to point you to their forum thelightingcontroller(dot)com

I do not believe Showxpress outputs Artnet. At least it didn't the last time I used it. I had to come out DMX and go into an Entec device to get the Artnet.

Back