Controlling Beyond over OSC

GeorgeCalum

Good afternoon everyone,

I was hoping to get some help from someone more experienced using Beyond and OSC commands.
Im currently developing a control surface for beyond in TouchOSC which was doing really well controlling single cues on pages set to 'One Cue' mode.

However recently i've learnt about the benefits of using groups to control different sets of lasers independently which is brilliant for me however I'm running up against an issue when triggering the cues over OSC.
When I use my mouse to click on cues in Beyond it allows me to run 1 cue at a time per group and when clicking a second cue within a group it automatically stops the previous cue and plays the next without interfering with the cues playing on other groups.

However when i trigger cues over OSC using (for example) "/b/Grid/CellIndex, 52" & "/beyond/general/StartCell" it completely disregards the groups and will allow up to 3 cues to play simultaneously regardless of their grouping.

Is there another way to trigger cues via OSC, am i missing something or is this simply a limitation of the software/protocol?

I've linked the TouchOSC file below for reference. Feel free to use and/or copy as you see fit.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z7tF_pSVl4UxfcjHuDgROuPf_k_O3RvX/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Leaving this here for anyone looking for answers in the future.

Managed to find a solution using a combination of;
/beyond/general/CueUp page cue
/beyond/general/CueDown page cue
/beyond/general/SelectCue page cue
/beyond/general/UnselectAllCue

Figured this out by enabling the 'Display internal BEYOND Command' setting in Settings -> Configuration -> Laser Preview

Although there doesn't seem to be any OSC command for switching from Single Cue/One Per or Multi Cue to Groups mode.

Hope this helps someone.

I think u must use Pangoscript to make this possible.
I had the same problem with OSC commands. StartCell will trigger, but StopCell won't work...
I've got a setup with Pangoscript and trigger the script with OSC. Works great!

(and u can setup multiple commands in one script and trigger with OSC)

Back