CorelDraw

Ray

Hi,

As Corel Draw is one of the most popular drawing programs around and is vector based is there any way in which I can use this as a basis for my LD2000 system "artwork"...
Many thanks
Ray
NZ

Hy Ray,

you can draw you pictures in CorelDraw and after this export picture to WMF and use TraceIt software from LD2000 package. It work very fine.
p.s. better if you shall use CoreDraw13 - it better work with conversion to WMF. Also make experiments with line width and backgraund color of picture...

Hi Ray,

Along the lines of what was written above, you could save Corel files as Adobe Illustrator format, and then import them into 3Ds Max or FLASH and convert them to laser using either Lasershow Converter MAX or Lasershow Converter FLASH.

There is another tool that is build into LD, but it is normally a hidden feature. LD2000 can directly import and convert Adobe Illustrator (AI) files. This feature was never completed to our satisfaction, so we normally hide it. There is a special INI file entry that you can make to unlock this feature, but I forget it right now and I am at home, so I don't have access to my office computer. Please send me another email as a "ping" and I will document the magic feature here on the forum.

Best regards,

William Benner

OK, if you want to play around with the AI importer, what you do is this. Edit your LD2000.INI file. There is an easy link to this file within the "Start/Programs/Pangolin" group.

Under the section called [General], add a line like this:

[General]
ImportAI=1

Then save the file.

When you start LD2000, in the Drawing window, you will find a new menu item in the VIEW menu that says "Import Adobe Illustrator File". I think we support AI files up to version 5.0, but you can control the version being exported by Corel.

Best regards,

William Benner

Hi,
Many thanks Vadim and Bill,
I will certainly try this "hidden" feature.
Although I have not had much time yet to try out Vadim's idea I have done this and it works great with Corel version 11 .. I have tried it only on simple graphics (line drawings circle and square so far)..
Draw "picture" in Corel, select, ensure pencil line is set to thinnest possible. Then select all items in picture and convert to curves. save as WMF or EMF file.
Import into the trace program with LD2000 so far it has worked perfectly each time. (tests only nothing complex yet)
I do like the sound of the hidden feature idea so will now try that.
Thanks Guys
Ray
NZ :N

Hi Ray,

One possibility that works great is to use the SWF export function in Corel. Then open up Ld2000 Flash Converter and import the swf...safe and simple.

Only downside is that you would need a PRO card or buy the Flash AddOn from Pangolin to do this.

Good Luck !

Peter

CorelDraw

HI,bill I use your method,but When I input an AI files it can't convert a picture to frames,How should I use?

Last edited by a moderator:
There could be a few reasons why it is not working for you. One reason is -- as far as I know, our AI importer only works with version 3.1 or lower versions of AI, although I have seen it work with version 5 files as well. Generally programs that support AI export will allow you to control the version of the file exported, so you can try a few different versions.

Also, it is really difficult to tell exactly what's not working. Like "hey, my car won't run". Well, are you out of gas? Is the battery good? Do all of the tires have air? Did you even insert the key?

So unfortunately such a simple question or statement almost can't be answered. However, we generally ask a question of our own -- from who did you purchase the software? Dealers are supposed to offer support and answer your questions. If you contact the dealer directly, perhaps they can answer you, and answer in your native language. And lastly, you may be able to visit a local dealer and see exactly how things are done. That's why we have a worldwide dealer network...

Best regards,

William Benner

If you just want a program for making vectors, then Inkscape will probably fill that role. If you wanted to do graphic design work, then it would probably make sense to bite the bullet and get the Coreldraw .

Corel Draw does lots of things Inkscape does not do, but as far as vector illustration goes, all vector illustration software does most of the same things: shapes, paths, node editing, text, clones, symbols, etc. . The shortcuts will be different, and some tools are unique to each program, or will require fewer/or more steps.

I use inkscape to save and export as SVG or DXF file . Making a really good SVG in Inkscape can take a while on sufficiently complex images. I have a XP-Pen Deco 01 drawing pad to use with Inkscape for node editing and drawing new art.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back