Corrupt file message!

Lasergirl

I have been using quickshow for some time now. It has been working great until today. When opening the program I now get a corrupt file message that says the program is incompatible and that there is a problem with the header. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and get the same thing every time! Would love some advice.

It would probably be a good idea to send Pangolin an email using the "Contact" link on the main web page. They usually respond pretty quick when using that link.

Send them the version & build of QuickShow you're using, firmware version of your FB3, and your operating system info. (including any recent updates, patches, etc.)

Also, be sure to give as many details as you can about the error message.

Last edited:
I had a similar problem (I think)

I ended up deleting a whole lot of files - it was saying such-and-such was corrupted... There's a whole folder that you can get rid of (c:/qs/???) and it still seems to work...

I lost the workspace, with the show I'd spent an evening creating, but I got the software working again... :-D

DISCLAIMER: I don't know anything about anything and I work for nobody. Use the above suggestions at your own risk.

Backup all the files (rename rather than delete them...)

Like Stuka said, it's always best to contact us directly when you see such problems. The reasons are many, including that there may be things we can to to recover the file (it was discussed in another forum post) and also we may point you to a newer version of the software that will ignore the error in a file and allow it to be loaded anyway.

The contact form is the best place to start for these things.
http://www.pangolin.com/contact

Best regards,

William Benner

Back