Create atmospheric effects

shunfx

Hello.
I would like to know how can i create volumetric/atmospheric effect like clouds or clouds tunnels.
Can you tell me where can i learn to do that (i'm already an good user of illustrator and photshop), and where can i download such kind of effect to put it in beyond ?
Thank you very much.

Thank you for your answer.
But i was looking for a cloud tunnel. A tunnel with clouds drawn inside.
Do you know if it's possible ?
Thank you.

Hi
I find this is not so much about the lasers but about thinking about how the laser light reacts.
By this i mean try to visualise the light travelling to its destination it is this that does the work in making atmospheric effects. We are not too worried about where the beam ends ( other than safety of course)
The laser beam is however only one part of this formula for the cloud effect you are talking about.
I find the best effect for me is achieved with plenty of haze in the first instance and then add smoke. Try to add smoke in small amounts and wait a bit to see what is happening.. Dont rush it , Don't over do it. Its the haze that gives the " sky" background its the smoke that makes the clouds..
As far as the laser is concerned this can be done with just a simple straight line horizontal for a simple liquid sky or if you want a tunnel just a circle.
I also find a square or trapezoid shape can give a well defined shape.
Best thing is to have a play and see how it goes... But the real art is take your time with the smoke and learn what works best.
Have fun
Ray
NZ. :)

Back