Creating shows on a PC with no DAC

Dr Evil

Would it be somehow possible to create shows in Beyond on a system with no DAC? I have no room to put my show system near my desk and my desktop only has a single PCI slot which is in use.

Yes, you can. However, BEYOND require Pangolin hardware and corresponding license file for a start. After that you have 2 weeks for using BEYOND without any DAC. Sometimes we name this as "airplane mode". In context of your question - BEYOND does not need "DAC" for show design, form time to time it need a "DAC" for authorization.

Regards,
Alexey.

Well crap. Maybe I need to find a FB3 just to use for show creation. Heck I could use it with my laptop if I don't feel like dragging a full PC system around. A FB3 purchase isn't going to happen any time soon though.

Longer ??

Hi ALexey and Bill,
Any chance this two week period could be extended out to three or maybe even four weeks ?
I know I have taken my computer on holiday and its a bit frustrating when it " runs out".
Many parts of the world have holidays longer than two weeks and then there are business trips that can last longer..

Just a thought !!!!

All the best guys -@

Ray
NZ

Hi Ray,

We are *trying* to be as generous as we can!!! Other software packages either require you to have the hardware permanently connected, or require you to always keep a dongle inserted into the computer. Basically, as far as we are able to tell, other software manufacturers make you carry *something* permanently. The problem is, what if that "something" gets lost or stolen? Then you're screwed...

With BEYOND, we allow you to use the software for a period of time *after* you have connected licensed hardware. Personally I believe this is very generous.

Under certain circumstances and for certain people, we can make a license file that allows software to recognize a particular computer, rather than a particular piece of licensed laser controller hardware. If you're interested in this, then contact Pangolin and we will work out the circumstances under which this special license file is delivered.

Best regards,

William Benner

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the reply...
As one who has benefited from your generosity over the years I am certainly not questioning that aspect at all.
It was really, as stated in my post, just a thought.. No big deal.
It is certainly a very handy feature to be able to run without hardware for a period.

Best regards

Ray

Thanks for the help and information concerning PCs with no laser related hardware. I sent a message to see what can be done.

Back