Creating Writeout FX in LD and showtime HELP!

Dan UK

Hi I want to create some simple writeout fx in LD/showtime.

So far I am doing the following:

In LD, im drawing e.g. a circle then going to write out FX and selecting the required type of writeout and then saving the frame. Then I'm opening the frame in Showtime inserting the frame into the timeline, selecting the frame and then I go to create an new effect and select visible points.

I doesn't seem to matter what I do with the sliders or tick boxes in the visible points settings, I just can't seem to get it to create the effect when I click 'Play' in the preview.

Can anyone give me a simple step by step guide to create a simple write out effect in showtime to let me know what i'm doing wrong?

Really appreciate any help!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Try using a generic circle frame in Showtime; drag it to a timeline with the visible points effect starting with 0 visible points and ending with all the points visible... :rolleyes: (that should work)

Write out effects

That works OK and does the writeout effect but its th opposite way round to whats required. I can only get the circle to start fully drawn and then write to nothing. I need to start with a blank frame and then write to a fully drawn circle. I cant seem to reverse it no matter what I do with the point sliders.
Errrrr!

first transition write out effect you wipe the frame and give it 0 time
second transition write out effect again full time it will write out your frame

you can play with the sliders to get it to write out from the first point to the last point, or from the last point to the first point.

Back