Cue size

jan

When i export a cue in QS4 and send it to one another QS4 user, the number of points rises up from 200 points to 2400 points in his QS4-software. How can this be avoid?

Please let him check the projector settings, It could be that the minimum points in the projector settings is configured at 2400 points.

Dear Bob

In my opinion it has nothing to do with the minimum points in the projector settings.

So, when i export a CUE and reopen the exported CUE in the same QS4 on the same pc, the number of framepoints is much much more.

Regards

Jan
Antwerp - BE

Last edited:
File - Export cue = the Cue Export Wizard
I export to QSBFRAMES instead of FB4 frames because it is not possible to re-import exported FB4 frames.

Last edited:
Dear Jan.

There are two typical reasons:
1. Cue directed to multiple zones, and during export it get transformed into multiple copies of the frame. You can easily detect it in frame editor.
2. Vector oriented points. During export vector data will be transformed into points, and it increase resulting number of "samples".

If I could take a look at content located in cue, and exported version then I could tell more about the reason.

In any case, during test export, I am unable to detect unreasonable increase of the points number. 200 to 2400 - most possibly it related to zones. However, it would be right to test it first.

Regarding format and sending to other user:
- Could you please tell why you sending over exported version instead of original file
- FB4 format keep only relevant data, and may keep transformed data (after BAM and geo correction, etc).It means - if you want to transfer content between software please then use software level format rather than hardware oriented data.

Best Regards,
Alexey.

Dear Alexey

You wrote: "...Could you please tell why you sending over exported version instead of original file."

Is there a way to save cues externally without exporting them?

Best regards,
Jan

Back