deactivate Universe DMX signals / conflict with Quick DMX

lasershow-creation

Hi folks,

Universe works very fine and I am totally happy with this tool in general.
BUT: it seems there´s a conflict with Quick DMX and Object animator... or whatever other ways to create DMX output...
--> whenever I try to adjust DMX signals in Quick DMX, I cannot fully adjust the values of channels that are used in Universe... (even if the values in Universe are set to 0 )
--> more detailled example:
I set a slider in Universe (let´s asume Fog machine or whatever stuff) on channel 12... this works fine and I can adjust it in the way I want to have it
--> If I now trying to adjust channel 12 in Quick DMX, in fact I can raise the value up to 255, but I cannot go back to lower values - except I do that in Universe! --> strange isn´t it???
Comparable situation with object animator. This means, currently I cannot create any DMX values for timeline, so far my universe is not able to deactivate...

Thank you very much for any hint or idea how to solve this in advance! ;)

Best regards,
Tobias

There are multiple places in BEYOND that can supply DMX data, and this data must be mixes into output streams. Examples, multiple DMX cues, Quick DMX editor, DmxOut script command, Fixtures, and so on. Obviously there are multiple sources, and only one can win.

Each DMX channel has option - high value wins, or last value wins. "High value" (HTP) is simple, highest of all places will win. "Last wins" (LTP) based on priority which might be considered as calculation order. So, DMX sequenced has lower priority than more intelligent things such as scripting, universe, Fixtures.
ZZZ.png

Back