Distorted Preview in QS

redgoat

I was playing around with QS (128) and noticed that when I select the circle in QuickShape that the preview is distorted (screen capture attached).

I've checked all of the settings that I could think of that would cause this, but haven't been able to find a solution. Also, I haven't hooked it up to a projector, so I have no clue what it looks like on a projector.

Attachments

• qs.jpg
    qs.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 18
The "distortion" is a matter of perspective...

The preview window is purposely horizontally oriented by our choice, and experience of 25 years of developing software. But if you have different ideas from Pangolin, you also have the choice of changing it. If you put your mouse pointer at the bottom of the preview window, you will see that there is a "splitter bar". Just click the left mouse button and drag downward and you'll be able to make the preview window any size you want.

There are "splitter bars" all over the software. You can orient the size of the QuickTools, preview windows within QuickTools, Effect list, etc.

Best regards,

William Benner

Please refer to my updated screen.

Hi Bill,

Sorry if my original question wasn't clear. I wasn't questioning the software layout. My question was...

Why does the preview window stretch frames horizontally? Please see the new attached image.

Steps to duplicate the problem:
1. Go into QuickShape and select the Circle.
2. Click Show it now.

Observations:
  • The projector outputs a circle.
  • The preview window stretches the output horizontally and displays an ellipse.

Attachments

• qs-with-text.jpg
    qs-with-text.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 9
Stretch the Preview window as suggested.
Make it square and image will show circle.

Back