DMX control of the FB3

Naw, the FB3-XE doesn't have enough room in the enclosure for the DMX daughterboard. The DMX board is only a addon for the FB3-SE.

Yeah well this is a bit rubbish, if you ask me.

I do lighting and lasers for a Pink Floyd tribute. I need to control my heads and pars with DMX, I use a laptop, and I don't think running two bits of software at once (my DMX app and Pangolin) is going to be practical. I want to be able to trigger my laser patterns using DMX, and this is just what the SE can do. It's ultra-annoying that Pangolin don't put the SE in a box; but the conversations I've had with them amount to "go do it yourself". Wow - great customer support :mad:

Fb3-se

pangolin make it extremely clear that the SE is only supplied as an OEM [Original Equipment Manufacturer] product, or to pangolin dealers. the reasons for this are also clearly stated--to keep the price of the product low, to offer a range of product options; and to remove the necessity of answering connection/troubleshooting questions from hobbyists....

if you require a FB3-SE with either/or USB or DMX functions, built into a dinky little self-contained casing, then i suggest you contact your nearest pangolin dealer, who will be happy to provide....

lasero2000

Back