DMX control with multiple projectors

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer QuickShow' started by smokeAndMirrors, Nov 29, 2010.

1. smokeAndMirrors

smokeAndMirrors Well-Known Member

If I control 2 projectors with QS using DMX, can I control the attributes of the lasers individually (ie make projector 1 show the selected cue as red and projector 2 as blue), or does the DMX control only allow "both red" or whatever?

2. Cyberb0b

Cyberb0b Well-Known Member

Can you explain? Do you have dmx or ilda lasers in use?

3. smokeAndMirrors

smokeAndMirrors Well-Known Member

The plan is to have a small "server" PC with an Entec DMX box for DMX input. I will control this remotely with my laptop and Daslight DMX software (which drives my moving heads and parcans as well). The server PC will be running Quickshow with 2 FB3 outputs to analogue projectors. Let's say projectors 1 and 2 have a single white beam, which is (say) Cue 1 in my QS workspace. I want to change the beam colour on projector 1 to green and that on projector 2 to blue. Quickshow's DMX setup allows me to select cues and also change their colour, but can I change the colours of the beams independently, or does the change affect both projectors?

4. Cyberb0b

Cyberb0b Well-Known Member

I don't think you can select projection zones with DMX.
    So than the answer would be no.

But you can always create a new cue with other colors on it with selected projection zones (right click on cue > cue properties).