DMX Cue Pictures - show FX with animated gif's

MeaningOfLights

Hi,

With 12 FX lights (varying from 1-6 channels) we end up with 200-300 "Preprogrammed" FXs and its hard to identify each one even with long descriptive names. It is annoying finding specific one's as they all have same DMX Cue Picture:

YQSDA2s.png

You can see how painful it is having a page full of these images and finding the right ones.

We need to have pictures for visual representation of the Lighting FXs, how can I do this?

Its become critical for show control. I am hoping its as simple as recording tiny video's and exporting them into animated GIFs and setting the DMX Cue Backgrounds, pretty much the same as the animations on laser cues.

--

It would be good to have the option to specify animated gifs for laser cues aswell, here is an example where I was playing with coloured mirrors and targets. For someone new to the show it would be easy to miss this cue related to mirror action as it would appear as a sequence of targets:

Z2ry9jR.gif

If this is not currently possible thank you for your consideration..

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestion(s). Our developers will review this, but if it was added anywhere, it would be considered a "professional feature" and would be added in BEYOND, not QuickShow.

1 make a DMX cue
2 make a Quick Text cue that represent the DMX cue
3 go to Quick Capture drag the DMX cue than drag the text cue and than drag the preview window of the Quick Capture to a new cue

make sure that the text is going to a zone that is going nowhere

Back