DMX In / Artnet -> controlling application on same computer with Beyond

Does anybody has experience with controlling Beyond via DMX In or Artnet when DMX application software (ArtNet is an option as well) is running on the same computer?

Thanks for any advice.

Alex

Hi SHavok,
how did you configure MA2 and how did you configure beyond so both applications "see" and communicate with each other? I understand how to configure Beyond (DMX Input) but I cannot see that the control-application (in your environment MA2) is sending the right way. So how has SACN to be configured on MA2 site?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Sound like you will need to find about the MS loopback adapter this allows a windows PC to loop back to itself allowing both pieces of software to see each other , can you state which dmx apps your trying to control, there can be some apps like elation obsidian onyx which start their universe count at 0 instead of 1 which can also lead to confusion

Not sure how to post a new thread on this forum, but I am trying to control Beyond 4.0 (build 1320) using MA on PC V3.9.0.1. Both applications running on Windows 10 on same machine.
Have loopback address of 127.0.0.1 on both MA and Beyond. No luck after a few tries. Anyone have a silver bullet? Thanks

Hey, guys!
Checked on the current version Beyond (1545) and QLCplus via the address 127.0.0.1
Everything works fine.
As zerowaitstate rightly noted , there may be a problem in the different numbering of universes in programs.

upload_2021-8-26_18-44-27.png

upload_2021-8-26_18-41-35.png

First things first you will need an unmanaged network switch that connects the Ma and Beyond laptop together.

I think it's best to always get your MA set up and patched before stepping over to the beyond side of things. To do this you will first need to download a fixture profile for beyond off Ma's website. Once you have downloaded the profile take your usb and plug it into the MA console. This will automatically ad the MA's file directory to your usb, where you will then save the beyond profiles into the library folder. Now you can add and patch the fixtures into your grand ma console

After doing this you're going to want to go into the MA's network protocols tab in the Setup menu. Here you will add a new artnet universe which will be the universe that beyond communicates on. Make sure your local start universe matches the fixtures you just patched. Port 2 on the back of the MA 2 or 3 will always default to an IP address in the 2.0.0.0 range, so you will need to make sure your laptops IP is in that range.

Also for some odd reason in order to get your fixtures to respond to the MA you need to send channel 1 of each fixture a value of 255. Then they will react to whatever you do in the programmer.

Hope this is helpful to anyone still searching!

Back