DMX In / Artnet -> controlling application on same computer with Beyond

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer BEYOND' started by Alex Fischer, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Alex Fischer

Alex Fischer Member

Does anybody has experience with controlling Beyond via DMX In or Artnet when DMX application software (ArtNet is an option as well) is running on the same computer?

Thanks for any advice.

Alex

2. SHavok

SHavok Member

I run MA2 sending sacn to Beyond on the same computer. What do you need help with?

3. Alex Fischer

Alex Fischer Member

Hi SHavok,
    how did you configure MA2 and how did you configure beyond so both applications "see" and communicate with each other? I understand how to configure Beyond (DMX Input) but I cannot see that the control-application (in your environment MA2) is sending the right way. So how has SACN to be configured on MA2 site?

Thanks in advance

Alex

4. zerowaitstate

zerowaitstate Well-Known Member

Sound like you will need to find about the MS loopback adapter this allows a windows PC to loop back to itself allowing both pieces of software to see each other , can you state which dmx apps your trying to control, there can be some apps like elation obsidian onyx which start their universe count at 0 instead of 1 which can also lead to confusion

Tags: