DMX In troubleshooting.

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer BEYOND' started by themonkeybars, May 16, 2014.

1. themonkeybars

themonkeybars Beta Tester

I'm using the current version of beyond build 612 with a Enttec USB Dmx Pro. I have been using this set up with no problems as a Dmx output for quite a while. I am now trying to use it as an input to control beyond but am having issues trying to get it to work with Dmx Input.

In the Settings window for Dmx I disable the output so that only the input is active, when I close the settings window a notification pops up within Beyonds notification tab saying the following.

DMX Hardware Disconnected
    DMX hardware at COM3 disconnected because of fail at start up.

Beyond also pops up a task bar message saying the following.

DMX IN Error
    DMX Input lost. Laser output terminated.

I thought maybe the driver needed to be updated for the DMX Usb Pro so I made sure it was up to date. Still the same issue after update.

Any help is much appreciated.

2. Stingray

Stingray Beta Tester

Hi Aaron,
    I also tried DMX IN with the Enttec interface yesterday and here is some further Information:
    First, I had the same errors as "themonkeybars" wrote.
    Further, if I connect e.g. a lighting desk to the Enttec interface and DMX signal is coming in and then start Beyond, it stops with the splash screen saying "Load Configuration". This is lasting until I pull out the connector with the DMX Signal; after this, Beyond continues immediately with startup procedure.
    The same happens with QuickShow (here it stops at the message "Generate MIDI").
    Regards,
    Reinhardt

3. ENOT

ENOT Software Developer Staff Member

There is a new version for a test. Please contact me.

4. Stingray

Stingray Beta Tester

You mean the version of yesterday?

OK, I´ll test it the next days :)

5. LaserFan

LaserFan Beta Tester

I have the same problem on the releases 2.0(699B) and in Beyond 2.1 (then press DMX-IN button). DMX output works correctly.
    Please tell me, what the correct driver must be installed: the one that installs Windows (i have Windows 8.1 SLE 64-bit) or the one on the website Enntec (CDM20828_Setup.exe)?
    Is it possible simultaneous operation DMX IN and DMX OUT from one Enntec device?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  6. ENOT

ENOT Software Developer Staff Member

Only IN or OUT. Not together.

For installation I used drivers from EntTec website.

Regards,
    Alexey