DMX In troubleshooting.

themonkeybars

Beta Tester
I'm using the current version of beyond build 612 with a Enttec USB Dmx Pro. I have been using this set up with no problems as a Dmx output for quite a while. I am now trying to use it as an input to control beyond but am having issues trying to get it to work with Dmx Input.

In the Settings window for Dmx I disable the output so that only the input is active, when I close the settings window a notification pops up within Beyonds notification tab saying the following.

DMX Hardware Disconnected
DMX hardware at COM3 disconnected because of fail at start up.

Beyond also pops up a task bar message saying the following.

DMX IN Error
DMX Input lost. Laser output terminated.

I thought maybe the driver needed to be updated for the DMX Usb Pro so I made sure it was up to date. Still the same issue after update.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi Aaron,
I also tried DMX IN with the Enttec interface yesterday and here is some further Information:
First, I had the same errors as "themonkeybars" wrote.
Further, if I connect e.g. a lighting desk to the Enttec interface and DMX signal is coming in and then start Beyond, it stops with the splash screen saying "Load Configuration". This is lasting until I pull out the connector with the DMX Signal; after this, Beyond continues immediately with startup procedure.
The same happens with QuickShow (here it stops at the message "Generate MIDI").
Regards,
Reinhardt

I have the same problem on the releases 2.0(699B) and in Beyond 2.1 (then press DMX-IN button). DMX output works correctly.
Please tell me, what the correct driver must be installed: the one that installs Windows (i have Windows 8.1 SLE 64-bit) or the one on the website Enntec (CDM20828_Setup.exe)?
Is it possible simultaneous operation DMX IN and DMX OUT from one Enntec device?

Attachments

• DMX IN Error.jpg
    DMX IN Error.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 11
  • FTDI driver.jpg
    FTDI driver.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Only IN or OUT. Not together.

For installation I used drivers from EntTec website.

Regards,
Alexey

Back