DMX IN - what can I do with it...

Ringen

I'm planning to buy LD2000 Intro.

It would be great to control the lasershow from my lightconsole with DMX. Is that possible ?

I understand I don't get LivePRO but I guess that's where it would be most useful......
Was there a downscaled version of LivePRO included with Intro ?

Unfortunately Livepro does not work with Intro series of boards.
With DMX-IN you can control buttons and other parameters on "Live!" part of Showtime program (similar to LivePro).

There is another possibility - if you need only very simple interface, then Flashback can be ok. It can be controlled via DMX or USB. But there is quite hard to create new effects...

Hi Ringen,

Showtime:Live! supports a simple, 8-channel DMX assignment as follows:

-------------------------
DMX Channel -- Function

1: "Access" -- This must be greater than 32 in order for other functions to operate
2: Page -- This controls the Page, within Live! which will be selected
3: Cue -- This controls the cue that is fired in Live!
4: Speed -- This controls the animation speed.
5: Brightness -- This controls the overall brightness of the output imagery
6: Zoom -- This controls the overall size of the imagery
7: X Position -- This controls the horizontal position of the projected imagery
8: Y Position -- This controls the vertical position of the projected imagery

-------------------------

LivePRO has a much more sophisticated DMX input section, and you can actually make up your own channel assignment, with as few as 1 channel or as many as 128.

Bill

Hi Adam,

Thanks for pointing out that part of his post.

No, this is not true. LivePRO will "work" with the Intro system. But what I think he meant is that LivePRO does not come for free with the LD2000 Intro system. It is free with PRO, but if you have Intro and want to use it, there is an additional cost.

Other than that, all functions that are in LivePRO are available as long as you have a license to use it...

Bill

Back