DMX input control options

Chadster1976

Hello,

I have attempted to search this subject in the forum and cannot find an answer, so I am starting this new post in the hopes that someone has done this before...

I see that QS has an input DMX option for control through an Entec or other USB to DMX adapter. This is a great feature, and I am wondering something for a specific setup that I have.

I am running Lightjocky on a computer with a Martin DMX dongle AND running QS on the same computer. This hasn't been an issue with the computer's resources and both programs run smoothly. Is there any way that I can link the two together without an extra dongle? Something like a virtual or DMX emulation input within the computer itself? Seems a little silly to have two DMX dongles on a single computer just to loop out of one and right back into the other when it's on the same computer.

Don't get me wrong - if the only solution is to in fact have two dongles, this would work, just doesn't seem elegant from a programming standpoint.

Thanks in advance for any help... and maybe this would just be a feature request for a future version...

The unelegant... is the solution. QuickShow will only work with the ENTTEC DMX USB Pro device for DMX input or output. You will need to connect your LightJocky dongle to the ENTTEC for LightJocky to communicate with QuickShow.

More elegant solutions (ArtNET, OSC...) for DMX control are included in BEYOND.

Back