Dmx

I have a question regarding the use of DMX and LD2000. All the appropriate channels have been assigned, however I do not fully understand how to set them up. I understand that there are two ways to control DMX within LD2000, by either making DMX frames, which have been set up and named, or TTL & Aux Output.

Regarding the DMX frames, I understand how to set it up, as in they have been created and assigned based upon our channel assignments chart, however, the part I’m confused about is once I’ve made the frame and dragged it into the timeline, how do I edit it’s effect? (ex. House lights… make them dim to start then full, or vice versa) Is it that I have to make a frame specifically for each intended outcome? Or is the one created and then edited elsewhere?

I’ve been on the pangolin website regarding DMX, however I find it very confusing, it seems more like something for someone with a current knowledge of DMX and its regards, whereas I have no current knowledge or working point to that effect as my background is graphic design and a lot of what’s mentioned seems more electrical.

Help?

In LD when you create your DMX frame you assign your fixtures channels according to the ST effects that will make sense to you
Dimmer will be brightness
Pan will be X Position
Zoom will be Scale
Etc.

In ST Settings DMX settings
1 Enabled for output
2 At the top select – output control – take the bottom slider all the way to the right. This way you will have 512 channels.

Once you have DMX frame in the timeline you go to edit effect and select the appropriate effect and change the sliders as you need them.

Keep in mind that in the edit effect you can put only 8 effects in one transition. So when you create your DMX frame in LD try to use effects that have 3 sliders in them.
For example Brightness have one slider only which can be your Dimmer, but scale have 3 sliders so the X size can be Focus, Y size can be Prism and Z size can be Zoom.

Good luck

Back