effect speed by channel?

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer BEYOND' started by ping141, Dec 5, 2018.

1. ping141

ping141 Active Member

Hi! I have a color effect, and I'd like to control its speed by a channel or another external source. Is that possible?

Thanks!

2. Arcane

Arcane New Member

I was trying to do this yesterday as well. I'll be interested to know if it can be done!

3. Bob@Pangolin

Bob@Pangolin Staff Member

Speed can only be controlled by

- Time
    Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 12.06.04.png

or
    - BPM.
    Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 12.05.44.png

If you place the color effect on time, you can control it through the normal Live control time slider.

4. ENOT

ENOT Software Developer Staff Member

General answer on this question is - most of effects and images are function of time. If you want to change the "speed", then you may change speed setting of effect, OR, control TIME. Things like pause, faster, slower - define by time (depends from time), and the place for time - player. Player responsible for time management. BEYOND offer various masters (see Master tab) and for effect control - Time Control tab. So, pay attention to Master tab, and Time Control tab. This is second place to look at (in addition to effect settings).

5. ping141

ping141 Active Member

What I was aiming for was the possibility to have a color effect with a certain speed in the timeline and then at a certain point stop the speed. But I solved it, I think. :)

Bob@Pangolin likes this.