Experience With Lasershow VST?

Garrett_502

I'm interested in doing some rotoscope stuff with the VST software. I haven't been able to find much info about this. I'm wondering what sort of hardware is gonna work best (cameras, video card, interfaces). I realize that this software is a little outdated, and that some of the modern hardware interfaces might not work. I have an older sony handycam with DV output that I was hoping would do the job, but I read on another thread that DV may not work? Does anyone have experience using a DV connection for this application? What kind of stuff are people using? (brands, specific devices) Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

When I did some testing in it a few years ago I used a Sony HDC-40 and it worked well. Problem is I can't get any drivers for it past XP... :eek: I suspect yours should work.

it's working, but how do i save?

I can't figure out how to save the incoming frames. The save feature is greyed out? How does this work?

Attachments

• VST Grey out.jpg
    VST Grey out.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 12
Hey Garrett, per our phone conversation, what you need to do is to leave the VST Output disabled until you select the Output mode to frame generation, then enable the VST output. Here it will start to record and generate laser frames. Once you have the content you want "recorded" you disable the VST Output and the Save button will enable so you can save out a .LDS frame file with the capture/generated frames that you will then load into LD2000, Showtime, or BEYOND.

Back