FB3.net?

smokeAndMirrors

Guys, there was a rumour that there would be an FB.NET product soon - is this still under development? Is there an ETA? It would solve my cabling problems big-time! (Showtacle have had the well-spec'd Fiest.NET pro and I am being tempted by the dark side :D)

There's a typical phenomenon with Pangolin products. They take longer to develop than we originally expect, but they also far outshine our expectations both technically and sales wise. QuickShow is a great example of this. Our original intention was to make "simple software". 400,000 lines of code later and... I think everyone will agree that QuickShow far exceeds this goal!

What you are calling FB3.NET (and what our web master called it, but that's not what we call it in-house :) ) is still under development, but won't be released this week or even this month. But it already has more bang-for-the-buck than we originally planned.

Make no mistake, this is not like anything else that is on the market today. It's a completely different concept. Yes, there is a network involved, and yes it connects to one or more lasers, but that's the end of the similarity with other products. You'll just have to wait to learn more ;-)

In the mean time, my overriding comment is that we have a solution TODAY, and it's the same solution that most of the top companies in the world use. That solution is the QM2000.NET, and it's available in several forms (board-level, small box, rack mount). Most of the shows that you see featured on our Powered By Pangolin page were performed using the QM2000.NET.
http://www.pangolin.com/powered/index.htm

Our recommendation would be to use the QM2000.NET.

Best regards,

William Benner

There's a typical phenomenon with Pangolin products. They take longer to develop than we originally expect, but they also far outshine our expectations both technically and sales wise. QuickShow is a great example of this. Our original intention was to make "simple software". 400,000 lines of code later and... I think everyone will agree that QuickShow far exceeds this goal!

What you are calling FB3.NET (and what our web master called it, but that's not what we call it in-house :) ) is still under development, but won't be released this week or even this month. But it already has more bang-for-the-buck than we originally planned.

Make no mistake, this is not like anything else that is on the market today. It's a completely different concept. Yes, there is a network involved, and yes it connects to one or more lasers, but that's the end of the similarity with other products. You'll just have to wait to learn more ;-)

Oh you are such a tease, Bill! :)

In the mean time, my overriding comment is that we have a solution TODAY, and it's the same solution that most of the top companies in the world use. That solution is the QM2000.NET, and it's available in several forms (board-level, small box, rack mount). Most of the shows that you see featured on our Powered By Pangolin page were performed using the QM2000.NET.
http://www.pangolin.com/powered/index.htm

Our recommendation would be to use the QM2000.NET.

Best regards,

William Benner

Is this a solution for Quickshow though? I guess I could import my QS shows into Beyond and use that, but I like the idea of being able to drive multiple projectors as well as DMX from a single box (hence the slight drool over Fiesta.NET Pro - nice hardware, slightly dicky software). I am in no great hurry, luckily!

Happy New Year, Pango Dudes! Roll on Beyond 2.0!

I just tested a FB3 interface over a Silex USB Server SX-2000WG.

Well it worked until I did a Blackout which send a kind of USB reset signal to the FB3 and the Silex driver did not handled it correctly which resulted in a hanging beyond & FB3 box.

The only cure was rebooting the FB3 (unplugging it) and a hard kill for Beyond...

Oh you are such a tease, Bill! :)

Is this a solution for Quickshow though? I guess I could import my QS shows into Beyond and use that, but I like the idea of being able to drive multiple projectors as well as DMX from a single box (hence the slight drool over Fiesta.NET Pro - nice hardware, slightly dicky software). I am in no great hurry, luckily!

Happy New Year, Pango Dudes! Roll on Beyond 2.0!

Back