FB3 W-DMX Standalone Help.

Tom_Studiocare

Hello, the company I work for recently invested in a lw DS-1800RGB laser and was recomended the FB3 W-DMX hardware to use the laser as a standalone piece of kit so that we can use it on shows and hire it out without the need for a laptop.

I've scoured the internet for some information or some tutorials and have yet to find any relevant information. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to this laser software but I feel if someone can point me in the right direction as to what I'm doing wrong it would be a massive help.

I have Quick Show, LiveQuick and TraceIT software installed on my computer and from what I can see it appears LiveQuick lets me save cue's onto the XD card in the unit. Now I just need it so that it will play through cues when not connected to a computer Via USB.

Anyway, hope someone out there can help me out.

Check out the FB3-SE manual (the hardware you have is based on our FB3-SE controller) http://www.pangolin.com/flashback/LiveQUICK SE manual V.pdf.

What need to do after you load frames to the XD card is to connect to the FB3 via DMX; you will then choose and control cues on the XD card from a DMX console or application. Than manual above defines the DMX profile for the FB3-SE that you will use to control what is being displayed.

Thanks for your speedy reply, I'll have a read throug now and get out our DMX controller and see if I can get it working today. :D

Back