Fb4 auto play files.

themonkeybars

Beta Tester
What is the naming structure for the auto play folder that goes on the sd card in the fb4.

Exporting the work space from within beyond puts all the files In The dmx folder. Is there a way to export to the auto play folder.?

I'm also working on understanding how autostart operates at the moment.

Some documentation would be nice...

The filename convention in the auto folder is:

auto_001.FB4Animation
auto_002.FB4Animation
auto_003.FB4Animation

etc.

so you can just copy the files from the DMX folder and rename them.

I've got this far using trial and error but I still haven't figured out how to trigger autostart with any method other than power on.

I have also found that a cue played direct from QS looks different from the one autoplayed from the SD card, as though the projector settings are different even though I exported from QS with "Multizone+Output" selected.

So if you have any ideas about that, it would be useful!

Thanks for the help.

I too have only made it work with the power on trigger.

Sorry I can't be of help regarding the zone settings baked into the animations stored on the sd card. As a temporary solution you can do some basic geometric correction from the FB4 menu.

It's the scan rate settings which don't seem to be correct and they can't be set on the FB4 menu.

Testing it in QS, it looks like the colour/blanking shift setting is at 1 when played in autostart but on my projector it needs to be set to 5.

Is this product so new that maybe a lot of users haven't used the autostart feature and haven't experienced these issues?

I have dame problem. I need use network Connecticut to upload and out file animati on into auroplay directory and not into dmx....I have laser into HOUSING fixed OUTDOOR. .It not possible Take sd card and upload via card reader! @! I have Buy fb4 to upload and control animati on via network Connection!!! Please help me

Hi all,

I have the same issue as above.
What I tried out is to use the "testmode" instead. And in fact this seems to work more stable compared to the "autoplay" function.
To get it working, you need to rename the frames into e.g. "test_001.FB4Animation"
In FB4 menu simply select the testmode and select the cue you want to playback.
By exporting the cues including geometric settings, the output seems to be exactly like shown in Beyond output.
Only thing I need to check further is the scanner settings. Speed cannot be controlled via FB4 menu...

@Alexey: is the scan speed saved inside the exported files as well? Or is this somehow a default value?
I wonder how to adjust if e.g. I programm with 30k scanners and during event I would like to use 6215 type scanners or saturn type where the scanspeed should be set to higher value to avoid bright spot issue...

Best regards,
Tobias

@Pangolin: just one idea --> could it be, that the autoplay function only works if the FB4 device is a FB4-dmx type or FB4max type?
I used the FB4 standard version for this test...

Best regards,
Tobias

With Firmware 0.8.353, there is a new folder structure that must be respected

Follow these instructions only until they publish the new version of Beyond 4.0, supposedly this will be automatically.

1.- Plug your SD card in the computer
2.- Inside content folder, create a new folder called autoplay
3.- Inside the new autoplay folder, create another one called cue
4.- Inside cue folder, copy the *.FB4Animation, i was using the name 001.FB4Animation and works.
5.- Plug the SD card in the FB4 again
6.- Configure the Operation Mode to Autoplay
7.- Enter in Autoplay setup and be sure Playback option is selected in cue mode and File Index is 001

Back