fs3 hardware resetting while playing

greghig

Just like the title says. I have several shows as cues. Sometimes (randomly) the music will stutter, and I get a message in the USB window saying "fs3 controller now connected" the show stops and restarts from the beginning. Im assuming the fs3 is somehow disconnecting breifly and reconnecting. This CANNOT happen during a live show. I am running off a laptop (high power alien) and turned off the USB powerdown funtion. Its a dedicated computer and nothing but windows 7 and quickshow loaded. screensaver off, all powerdown, sleep mode set to none. Could the laptop USB be putting out just borderline power to operate the fs3? Im thinking of plugging it to the laptop via a powered hub but that might add a delay. has anybody heard or experienceing this?

greg

Are you referring to the Pangolin FB3 controller?

The USB ports on your computer COULD be an issue, but then so could the USB cable (easy test - swap cables and see if the issue persists).

Try swapping USB ports - I've seen it make a difference.

Provided you're not using unusually long extensions, the use of a quality POWERED USB hub shouldn't add enough latency to make a difference.

Make sure your FB3 is running the latest firmware (you can check through QuickShow) and you're running the latest release of the QuickShow software from the Pangolin web site.

Also, check and see if you have any unusual background services or programs running that you can disable -
I've seen some weird things affect USB port connectivity.

Last edited:
Hi Greg,

We're sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing, and let me assure you, this DOES NOT happen while playing a show under the most ordinary of circumstances.

Your report is the first of its kind. I suspect the problem could be the USB port in your computer, or the USB cable or something similar. As a sanity check you could try running QS on a separate computer. You could also try a USB hub (preferably a powered USB hub) and see if that helps.

If you find that the problem persists on a separate computer, then we'll make arrangements to swap FB3 hardware with you.

Best regards,

William Benner

I have the same problem, I run a laserman show using quickshow, running to a fb3 then via ilda to a 2w green lasershow.
The music crackles then the show stops and restarts again, I have never had this problem before and ran this show for 4 years more than 600 times a year. I don't know what to do, this is my job. I'm running Windows 10 and have quickshow 3.0 running. Usb cable and also ilda cable are brand new.
Please help.
Thankyou.

Back