Gamepad Settings?

keebs

Has anybody had any luck or experience with the "Gamepad Settings"?

I expected/assumed that if I plugged in my XBOX controller it would show up in Gamepad Settings... but it didn't.

I believe you could MIDI map it through Bome's or something similar, but it'd be nice to have it just work considering it seems Beyond is attempting to support it.

Thanks,

Todd

Ahh, OK, that makes sense. It may not be configured properly. I'll give it a shot and report back.

Cheers,

Todd

Hmmm, I downloaded and installed the Windows 7 64-bit version of the software (though I'm running Windows 8.1) and am not having luck.

The link you sent says to run "joy.cpl" and check to see if the device is recognized; it does not show up here. It does show up in the device manager as "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit", but doesn't show up in Pangolin's Gamepad Settings.

Not the end of the world if it doesn't work, though would be interested to try it out.

Todd

Just take F319 (the cheapest) Logitech and test it.

Microsoft is Microsoft, no comments...

Regards,
Alexey.

You cannot use a wireless 360 controller with the Play and Charge kit. Something about the way Microsoft built the drivers for it are not compatible with a lot of applications using the joystick API. A wired XBox 360 controller will work. I have tested it with Beyond.

Cool, thanks digi, that's what I was trying to do.

Any idea if you can connect wirelessly and have it work that way?

T

Hi, digiassn! Please tell me, is there a difference for Beyond between Kinect for Windows and the Xbox 360 controller (with the exception of requiring an adapter Kinect <-> USB and "Near mode" in Windows version).
Beyond sees the Xbox 360 controller as Kinect device?
Too big a difference in price between this devices.

The only common between Kinect and mentioned Gamepad - both can be used with XBox. All the rest is different. Absoluelly different devices, with different logic, functionality and so on.

Back