Help, continuous output beam

Laser-Werk

Hello,
Help, I have a problem ...
I use Pangolin Quickshow with FB3 (USB).
The laser output works great, but when I send no signal is issued a fine jet, in my head it's green laser blue at the satellite.
This beam is already as soon as I plug the FB3 by ILDA without which it is connected to the PC.
Why is that? :eek:

When I use Laser RS lw 3200mw and more CL 2000mW.

If you disconnect the ilda cable, the laser has no output?
If you already tried another ilda cable.

Normaly an laser does not generate output when you connect the FB3.

This means there could be something wrong with your laser.
Does this happen also on other lasers? I mean, non lw's?

Last edited:
It's not the ILDA cable, only when I plug the FB3 is the beam
I tested it with 3 different lasers, lasers at 2 World of laser beam comes, not with the other (cheap laser).
Does anyone have any idea?

Which color light up?

Green or blue?

I mean, if its blue, it could be that they used an diode laser where the treshold is set to high. Why it shows when you connect an dac, could be cause you complete the security circuit, which will allow the laser to start.

If you replaced the cables, tested it on multiple lasers, you need to contact pangolin support. You can contact them here

The Solution

Hello,
the solution!
So the threshold value (the output side of the controller) to the laser driver is too high,
can also adjust the module by a small resistance,
Now everything is great.

Grounding issue

I have had this happen as well, It is a problem with the ground on diode drivers. Typically it has to do with improper projector grounding scheme. I Usually fixed quickly by ground lifting the Projector or eliminating the ground to Pin 25 from the FB3

There is a lot more going on but usually a quick fix. Read Bill's article on grounding it is AWESOME.
Larry

Back