Help.. Do I need to return my board?..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jayDC, Sep 19, 2005.

1. jayDC

jayDC New Member

Hello, I'm running pangolin QM32, and have been very happy with it. Today I was doing my regular maintaince on my projector, it's a LPD9000, and I just ran into a problem, that I think is linked to my board. While I was running the system, aligning the PCAOM to the Color Test Pattern, my scanners started do something wierd. I stopped the frame, and the scanner seem to be stuck in a pattern that looks like this, \ , it's a crooked line. I shutdown the computer, and it was still driving the scanners hard in that pattern. I unpluged the computer, and it stopped, once I applied the power again it started doing it again. This is really freaking me out, since I have a show next week, and I don't know what to do.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Jason

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

You describe a diagonal line that tends to scan regardless of the selected input. It sounds like a disconnected cable, or broken cable or something like that. Diagnonal line means that both X and Y scanners are receiving the same signal. Since you get that line regardless of what you have selected, that is why it sounds like a broken or half disconnected cable. Basically, the ground wire on the cable has been lifted and you are getting "line voltage" into both X and Y axis. That is what is causing the diagonal line.

I doubt that the problem is related to the LD/QM32 system.

Bill

3. Aaron@Pangolin

Aaron@Pangolin Staff Member

I would agree. I work on these things allot, and I have never seen the board damaged in such a way that would do what you describe. I do see that symptom on the scope when I occasionally forget to plug in the signal cable ;)