Help.. Do I need to return my board?..

jayDC

Hello, I'm running pangolin QM32, and have been very happy with it. Today I was doing my regular maintaince on my projector, it's a LPD9000, and I just ran into a problem, that I think is linked to my board. While I was running the system, aligning the PCAOM to the Color Test Pattern, my scanners started do something wierd. I stopped the frame, and the scanner seem to be stuck in a pattern that looks like this, \ , it's a crooked line. I shutdown the computer, and it was still driving the scanners hard in that pattern. I unpluged the computer, and it stopped, once I applied the power again it started doing it again. This is really freaking me out, since I have a show next week, and I don't know what to do.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Jason

You describe a diagonal line that tends to scan regardless of the selected input. It sounds like a disconnected cable, or broken cable or something like that. Diagnonal line means that both X and Y scanners are receiving the same signal. Since you get that line regardless of what you have selected, that is why it sounds like a broken or half disconnected cable. Basically, the ground wire on the cable has been lifted and you are getting "line voltage" into both X and Y axis. That is what is causing the diagonal line.

I doubt that the problem is related to the LD/QM32 system.

Bill

I would agree. I work on these things allot, and I have never seen the board damaged in such a way that would do what you describe. I do see that symptom on the scope when I occasionally forget to plug in the signal cable ;)

Back