how do i get back the text effects

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer QuickShow' started by festermagoo, Feb 14, 2013.

1. festermagoo

festermagoo New Member

hello everyone
    im new to the forum and have just purchased quickshow.
    my question is if i delete any of the text effects from at the bottom window
    within the program, is there a way of getting them back or do i have to do a fresh install or is there a reset button that i am not seeing

cheers.:

2. vIQleS

vIQleS Active Member

Oh - I lost some text effects in my install as well. I thought I had posted a thread about it but I can't find it - must have forgotten.

I'm pretty sure I tried reinstalling and it didn't help - is there another way to reload all the text effects?

3. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Those effects are held in a file called "QuickShowLibrary", which is in the System folder. It sounds like your file was somehow corrupted, and then when QS re-built the file automatically, it simply put in a few default ones.

The installer won't want to over-write the file if it already exists, just in case you actually modified it and meant to change it. For that reason, simply re-installing the software will not work in most cases. HOWEVER, if you delete this file and then do a re-install, then that will work because the installer won't be nervous about overwriting your existing file.

Give that a try and if you need further assistance, please contact us directly by email or telephone.

Best regards,

William Benner