how do i get back the text effects

festermagoo

hello everyone
im new to the forum and have just purchased quickshow.
my question is if i delete any of the text effects from at the bottom window
within the program, is there a way of getting them back or do i have to do a fresh install or is there a reset button that i am not seeing

cheers.:

Oh - I lost some text effects in my install as well. I thought I had posted a thread about it but I can't find it - must have forgotten.

I'm pretty sure I tried reinstalling and it didn't help - is there another way to reload all the text effects?

Those effects are held in a file called "QuickShowLibrary", which is in the System folder. It sounds like your file was somehow corrupted, and then when QS re-built the file automatically, it simply put in a few default ones.

The installer won't want to over-write the file if it already exists, just in case you actually modified it and meant to change it. For that reason, simply re-installing the software will not work in most cases. HOWEVER, if you delete this file and then do a re-install, then that will work because the installer won't be nervous about overwriting your existing file.

Give that a try and if you need further assistance, please contact us directly by email or telephone.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back