How to see new atmospherics preview like the stock ones

C4 Productions

Hello all. New here, and new to QuickShow. I've learned an enormous amount about the functionality, but can't seem to locate an answer to this question:

When I preview atmospheric cues that came with QS, the preview window shows them as they would look if you were in front of the laser, rather than what the laser image would look like on the wall on which it is being projected. However, when I create new cues myself, I do not see this view. Why is this?

For example, if I preview a stock cue of a simple horizontal bar moving up and down, it appears as it would if it were in fog, showing the beams shooting from the center point outward to the bar. But if I make a horizontal bar that moves up and down myself, the preview is just a plain horizontal line moving up and down.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you in advance for any insight.

I don't have quick show in front of me right now. Check the zone that the cue is being routed to (cue properties). In projection settings you can adjust the view under preview for each of the zones.
I'll take a look later today for you

Hello all. New here, and new to QuickShow. I've learned an enormous amount about the functionality, but can't seem to locate an answer to this question:

When I preview atmospheric cues that came with QS, the preview window shows them as they would look if you were in front of the laser, rather than what the laser image would look like on the wall on which it is being projected. However, when I create new cues myself, I do not see this view. Why is this?

For example, if I preview a stock cue of a simple horizontal bar moving up and down, it appears as it would if it were in fog, showing the beams shooting from the center point outward to the bar. But if I make a horizontal bar that moves up and down myself, the preview is just a plain horizontal line moving up and down.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Back