Important: Counterfeit / Pirate QuickShow discovered

I borrowed a FB3 from a friend(it was purchased from China and and much cheaper) and later when I registered Beyound.
I found that the serial number on the back is different from the serial number read by the software.
Perhaps this is a method of check?
View attachment 775 View attachment 776
Thanks for thinking with us, it is is indeed something that raises red flags, however, there are clones out there with matching serial numbers. So we cannot use this as "leading" method.

Hello

I had purchased an QSFB3 from a seller on AliExpress to find out after talking with tech support at Pangolin that it is a fake now I have fallen victim to these dishonest China seller: Guangzhou Bright Dream Stage Light Equipment Co., Ltd. last year and has stopped working.

I'm ready to work along side Pangolin in to get $$$Payback!.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-12-03-22-40-11.png
    Screenshot_2018-12-03-22-40-11.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
Hi All,
Sometime in september i have bought online a pangolin dongle on Marktplaats ( dutch version of e bay ). I have used it untill my new computer system arrived and was online.
i took my system back to the phillipines, where i made the setup complete in my pool area. this contains 4 full color lasers and the 4 fb3 controllers.
i plug in the wifi, last updates from QS installed and suddenly i missed one of my main lasers there, didnt work and see only a flashing orange light, as soon as laser output was enabled.

after looking what the problem could be, exchanging usb cable and usb socket, no improvement, i got in contact with a dutch friend of me and showed me the counterfeit website of pangolin.
only after opening the dongle it was clear i did not get an original dongle.
unfortunately i couldnt trace back the seller on marktplaats, but bells started to ring inside my head because what i seen on the counterfeit website.

The box was not as clear printed as the original boxex from pangolin, the cd quality of the print also was not bright.
the standard blue USB cable was black. It was also the first time i recieved a cd, on the other original ones i recieved and USB with QS3.

so be very carefull in Holland when every you buy an used FB3 dongle and bring a small allen key to check the usb connectior in the bottom side.

there i use the laser system a lot in the Phillipines, i had to order a new one, And the system is up and running again, and learned a valuable lesson, buying cheap is not always the best way, it can cost in the end a lot more.

Well my issue is a throwback - I put all my laser hardware in storage a couple years ago. Pulled everything out this past week to prep for the first gig in a long while and during the update process, 1 box just would not do the update. I tried multiple computers, cables, etc - my second FB3 updated fine on a clean install (the box I purchased from Pangolin directly). However the other box simply would not update. Enter Pangolin support with the message that the box is counterfeit! I purchased used in 2014 and it worked until at least the time I put it into storage - but turns out it was a fake.

Unfortunately I bought it so long ago I can't even get the name/records as it was an ebay purchase (USA seller) - and the WORST part is that looking at my invoice I paid about 15% off the new price and got a fake!!!! GAH!!!! Fool me once.

Anyways, I wish I had more details of my cautionary tale beyond - just buy from Pangolin. JUST BUY FROM PANGOLIN!!! Save lots of frustration.

Hi I also bought quickshow from China it lasted 21 months and failed. I sent it back to pangolin for checking and they told me it is counterfeit it shows on the bottom it was made in Solivina and sold on Alibaba.
The seller was LIyu 0513. It is not worth buying cheap from china when they burn out after 21 month it has cost me over $1000 now to replace it.

William Wiliams

Bonjour,
Je suis également tombé dans le piège avec ce site chinois AliExpress avec l 'achat de mon Pangolin FB3 contrefait Pirate Je tiens à prévenir les personnes de ne surtout pas achetez les pangolin FB3 Sur AliExpress elles sont pratiquement toutes contrefaites j 'ai achetez le mien en Chine sur aliExpress Aux Magasin ( Guangzhou Bright Dream Stage Light Equipement Co,Ltd ) en pensant faire une bonne affaire avec un bon Prix de plus ce beau parleur de vendeur soit disant agréer chez pangolin ma bien fait rêver avec sont soit disant solde prix barrer 380€ pour ne payer que 267,80€ c 'est une bonne affaire à courte durée il me parleront encore de leurs solde plus jamais je ne ferais des achats sur ce site honte à ce chinois peut scrupuleux
avec cette vente de faux pangolin j 'ai une peur bleu de recommander un autre de peur que je retombe encore sur un model contrefait mes je vais directement faire affaire avec pangolin je vais renvoyer mon pangolin fb3 chez eux et mettre la différence pour un officiel pangolin FB3 cette fois si pffffffffff quelle perte d 'argent
en tous cas je remercie pangolin d'avoir mis sur leurs site le lien pour comparer le vrai du faux sans cela moi je penser que cela était due à une panne interne qu 'il ne fonctionner plus maintenant je comprend mieux que ce n 'était autres qu'une vulgaire copie du pangolin Fb3 comme vous pouvez voire sur les photos20190705_030724.jpg 20190705_030834 (1).jpg 20190705_031317.jpg 20190705_033922.jpg 20190705_033704.jpg 20190705_033726.jpg 20190705_030724.jpg

Attachments

• 01011402 (1) (1).jpg
    01011402 (1) (1).jpg
    977.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
I am the director of a small nonprofit charity who frequently host music events and fundraisers for our community. We have very little on our books to work with so buying products through Alibaba (CHINA) is not new for us. A couple years ago we purchased a laser and Quickshow. Our products arrived and everything worked as expected our Quickshow fb3 cost about 15% less than it did in the states (roughly $400) so I didn't suspect foul play. At the time of my purchase I knew very little about lasers or the software and wasn't aware Quickshow was made in the States so I thought I was working with the manufacturer which I figured explained explain my savings. I used the laser regularly and as my familiarization with the software increased I used Quickshow for simple effects and tracing logos of bands and sponsors. Last week after installing quickshow on a new laptop and working for several hours on my very first scene I wasn't able to view the output from the laser. I suspected immediately that my laser was bad and after testing it on another laser I found it to be the fault of malfunctioning quickshow fb3. I called the number with the paperwork included and found almost immediately from their support staff that my fb3 was likely to be counterfeit. After checking the website I found that indeed I had been sold a fake. Our show went on but without quickshow because $500 is hard to find on our budget for something we thought we already had. Since then after being directed to this site we have boxed the unit up and sent it to Pangolin and posted here in the hope that others don't fall into the same trap we did and that the people responsible for selling us the fakes pay for their deception. 20190909_123551.jpg

Hello,

2017 we ordered one 5 watt RGB laser and two FP3QS hardware from this company: www.lh-laser.com

The FB3 harware works 2 years, 2019 we have updated to QS4 software, no output on the FB3 hardware. We had contact with Pangolin USA, after some emails, we know now, this is a fake product from chinese scammers. We have paid, 900 USD for 2 FB3QS include shipping and import tax. Now we know, this company is a typical chineese scammer in the show bussines. All of these company managers, mony is the iportant thing only.

Since 1994 we have bussines wit a lot of chinese companies, we import and export soft- and hardware products for laser cutting and we never had any problems in the past. Not all chinese are scammers.

For the future, test the companies in China, before you order directly!

Regards
Karl

Last edited:
I also ran into a Chinese-made problem! I bought FB3 from a Chinese supplier and ran into the problem that it is not working for a licensed product from Pangolin! I am sure that Pangolin will solve this problem in a legal order! It takes time!

I too unknowingly ordered a counterfeit FB3, the product and packaging were identical and the item description was sold as genuine. I ordered early 2017 from Guangzhou Bright Dream Stage Light Equipment Co., ltd. On aliexpress.

Thanks for the help replacing the product with a genuine one Pangolin!

j'ai également été victime il y a peu de temps du produit arnaque Emma light du contrôleur FB3 contrefaits et du logiciel. J'ai économisé la majeure partie de mes soirées, afin de pouvoir me l'offrir.
Achetez chez le vrai chez le fabricant,
J'espère que Pangolin pourra arrêter cette Arnaque, que justice soit faites.
Vincent Vadala (FRANCE)

j'ai également été victime il y a peu de temps du produit arnaque Emma light du contrôleur FB3 contrefaits et du logiciel. J'ai économisé la majeure partie de mes soirées, afin de pouvoir me proposer.
Achetez chez le vrai chez le fabricant,
J'espère que le Pangolin pourra arrêter cette Arnaque, que justice soit faites.
Vincent Vadala (FRANCE)

Hi, VADALA vincent!
I'm sorry you had to deal with that!
You should write an email to support at pangolin dot com about it.

Back