LC MAX

Hi James,

Yes. Currently our plugin works with MAX versions 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.02, 4.2, 5.0 and 5.1 (Basically, all MAX version 3.0 or later).

To get our plugin to work with MAX version 6.0 will only require a re-complile. This should happen shortly before or shortly after ILDA.

Do you currently have MAX version 6.0?

Bill

Bill,

I have been using Studio Max for a little less than a year (although I am still a complete novice) and since I have a subscription I get free updates whenever they become available. These updates include complete version upgrades. I recieved my "FREE!" copy of 3DSMax 6 in the mail on Monday and installed it Wednesday, lucky me.
On a side note,I have a few ideas for showtime that I keep meaning to send your way. I think the first step would be to write them down so I don't forget them. Maybe someday I'll get that list off to you before you beat me to the idea again. Anyway, Thank you for your reply.

James

The MAX plugin is inherently a "3D to 2D conversion process". It really does not make any sense to generate 3D laser frames in this way. If you are wanting to create "stereoscopic shows", now this is a different matter altogether and this is being done, and can be done pretty easily.

What you do is get a "stereoscopic plugin" for 3D Studio MAX. What this does is automatically offsets the camera a little to the left, and a little to the right. Then you generate two sets of animation frames -- one for the left eye, and one for the right eye, and play these back either using "sequential field" techniques, or using two QM2000 boards (preferable).

As for the demo version of LCMax, this is coming. We have to work on our license file concept and get this working for LCMax. Once we have the license file concept working for LCMax we will relase a demo version.

So far, everyone has just taken us at our word that LCMax is a good product since 2/3 of Graphic ILDA Award Winners and 7/8 of Graphic Pangolin Prize entries were done using LCMax :N

Bill

Back