LD 2000 frames(liveshow)

David

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is an easy way to increase points per frame in Liveshow for example, without going into each individual frame to increase points?

The reason I want to do this is to brighten up liveshow, and increasing points per frame is the way. I am thinking around 1100 points. However, there a so many frames, it would take the rest of my life to complete :)

Is there a utility or something I have missed in LD that can read in a show's releated frame set, then allow you to choose the number of points you require?

Thanks
David

Hi David,

Please see the help file for two functions. One function is in Showtime and it is called Resample. The second function is in LD and it is called Renumber. Both do approximately the same thing, but Resample would be preferred if you want to keep the look the the frame approximately the same. Renumber has a few additional tools, such as the ability to increase or decrease points on corners, which may actually be helpful for beam-show-renumbering applications. HOWEVER, only Resample offers the ability to change the number of points based on a percentage of the original points, which is very handy while working with blocks. For example, lets say you want to double the number of points in all of the frames. With resample you would specify this as 200%.

There is one more way (three ways to accomplish the same thing), which is that you could leave the number of points alone and just change the sample rate of individual frames or of the block of frames, using the Advanced Frame Properties.

With both Resample and Renumber and even with changing an individual frame's sample rate in Advanced Frame Properties, you need to mark the starting and ending frame using the "Block of frames" system. This is covered in our help file and possibly in the Tutorial DVD as well.

You can experiment around with this and see which method works best for you. I am still not sure it will change the brightness though, as brightness is not really a function of scan rate (contrary to popular belief), it is a function of the complexity of the image (how many "lines" you create within an image) as well as the laser power, and the beam-on/beam-off ratio (how often the beam is blanked), almost none of which will be influenced using the methods that I mentioned above.

Bill

Back