LD2000 on Windows Xp 64 bit ?

dmxlaser

HI,

I just upgraded my OS to 64 Bit as this seems to be better in handling larger files and dataflows. Especially handy for multimedia.

The OS reports the Pangolin Card as a PCI data aquisition device, which it is not, so I tried to load the QM2000.INF file but it will not accept it. x64 cannot recognise the INF structure so it will not load the Qm2000.SYS driver, hence...no Pangolin to be run that way.

Is there an updated INF file for the WXPPRO 64 bit version available somehow ?
Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this ?

Thanks in advance for any help that an be offered.

Regards,

Peter Broerse
DMXLASER

As stated in another post, as of the time of this writing (May 12, 2007), Pangolin does not *distribute* a 64-bit driver, so the QM2000 will not currently work with the 64-bit version of Windows XP or VISTA.

HOWEVER, we have literally just finished a new set of drivers for both Windows XP and VISTA and for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Thanks to these new drivers, we can now install and run the QM2000 on any of these operating systems.

Note that even without the 64-bit driver, it is still possible to run LD2000 along with the QM2000.NET on any version of Windows VISTA. This is because the QM2000.NET is connected to the PC via network cable, and does not need any driver at all to operate.

People with VISTA will have to STAY TUNED for a short while while we are finalizing the software for VISTA. In the mean time, be sure to watch the

Back