LD2000 user: should I buy Quickshow?

Hi there!

I have been using LD2000 for a very long time, even started with the old ISA card (so I guess I may call myself an oldtimer...), which I traded for the PCI card in 2001. The main use is product presentations for which I scan logo's and use text, and the occasional laser show. I'm using LivePro too.

Now the only thing I don't like is the need to use a laptop with an ugly docking station for the pci card. I would rather use a laptop with the compact Flashback 3. Unfortunately I cannot use the QM2000.net option because my pci-card is one of the first.

Quickshows features look very promising and it should offer me all I need. The questions I have: will the quality of the shows be inferior compared to LD2000? And can I still play shows and images I have created in LD2000? Are there any other issues I have to keep in mind?

Thanks a lot!
Victor

Dear Victor,

QuickShow may indeed be interesting for you and in fact, many of our professional users use QuickShow for some of their events.

However, since you're an LD2000 user, it could very well be that you have professional-level needs in areas where QuickShow is not strong. (Remember, QuickShow is our lowest-cost software and almost the lowest cost in the industry, so there must be some limitations...)

Since the biggest concern raised in your post was one of hardware, indeed QuickShow helps you to alleviate this, since QuickShow includes the FB3-QS hardware, which easily connects to the USB port of all modern computers. Since QuickShow offers a low cost and this easy to use hardware -- and also since QuickShow carries a money-back guarantee, it seems there is no risk for you to purchase QuickShow and see for yourself if it provides the power that you need.

However if your professional-level LD2000-style needs are not satisfied by QuickShow, then you can always upgrade from QuickShow to BEYOND, which will also work with the FB3 hardware and even work with your QM2000 as well. BEYOND offers the ease of use of QuickShow while offering even more power than LD2000. And since you can upgrade at any time, by only paying the difference in cost, indeed a purchase of QuickShow seems like a good first step.

Best regards,

William Benner

Hi William,

Thanks for your thoughts. Meanwhile I have purchased QS and a nice i5 touchscreen laptop and I must say I like it. A lot. It thas a much more modern approach than LD2000 and it looks like it will do a lot if not all of the things I want it to do now or in the future. Much more user friendly, too.

I especially like the improved trace and tekst functions, but there's a lot more to like that I have not discovered yet.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Victor

Back