Max.Scan Rate 30k at QS

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer QuickShow' started by pyrodigy, Dec 26, 2010.

1. pyrodigy

pyrodigy New Member

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!
    I ugraded QS version 2 Built 284 recently, now i can not able to set scan rate over 30k at Projector settings?
    Is it a kind of bug?
    Best regards

2. michelrietveld

michelrietveld Active Member

max scan rate

this is a me too question, currently planning on upgrading my 30k to a 40k so perhaps this is a showstopper for the planned upgrade.

Michel

3. Cyberb0b

Cyberb0b Well-Known Member

Quickshow does 30k,

But if you buy 40k galvo's and use them on 30k, the projection angle should be bigger. So thats no reason to stop an upgrade.

4. mathieu3131

mathieu3131 New Member

scan

Good morning,

Starting on quickshow, a small question, do the scanner is restricted has 30kps in this software? for the writting and logos complex, is not too restricted? when isn't for ld2000 intro? (my laser 50kps)

Thank you

in french:
    Bonjour,

Débutant sur quickshow, une petite question, les scanner sont limité a 30kps dans ce logiciel? pour l'écriture et les logos complexe n'est-ce pas un peu limité? quand est -il pour ld2000 intro? (mon laser 50kps)

Merci

5. Cyberb0b

Cyberb0b Well-Known Member

I own an LD2000, and i was supprised about the quality quickshow gives on an FB3. It looked better!!

6. masterpj

masterpj Well-Known Member

remember that if you scan at a slower rate the detail will be greater =)
    Corners will look really like corners and less distortion would occur.
    So this can be a benefit when you buy scanners that allow you to go faster.
    Not only is this better for your scanners to not push them to it's limits.
    But like bob said, a bigger angle at that scanspeed.

Also in most cases you should not aim for making graphics at a pointcount that require scanners faster then 30kpps.

7. badger1666

badger1666 New Member

scan speed

the above points are very valid, but should you want to scan a little faster
    rumor has it that if you tweek the vector settings you can scan faster than 30k
    have not tried it yet
    only got qs today :D