Merge Shows ??

RobG

Hi folks. I have two shows. One is my main show with all my cue's. The other is a small show with two pages of cue's.

I want to import the small show into the large show but I would rather not have to copy and paste each cue (that would be about 50 cue's).

Is there some way to copy/paste whole pages from one show to another or to merge two shows together that would same me some time?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi folks. I have two shows. One is my main show with all my cue's. The other is a small show with two pages of cue's.

I want to import the small show into the large show but I would rather not have to copy and paste each cue (that would be about 50 cue's).

Is there some way to copy/paste whole pages from one show to another or to merge two shows together that would same me some time?

Thanks,
Rob
Ditto Rob -

Also note that the latest version of the workspace is 2.5 and the previous version I have is 2.0 - what's the difference? I can't find any workspace version info.

Since all my shows and cues are located in workspace 2.0, I am wondering if it's beneficial to move them to workspace 2.5? This of course would best be done by copying pages across from one workspace to another. Is there a solution?

Direct contact most often will result in immediate resolution of problems. The forum is generally for less urgent discussions...

Nevertheless, selecting all events on the timeline and cutting and pasting them would be the best solution. This was not possible in older QS versions but should be possible now.

Regarding the difference in workspaces, the difference was created by me personally. A few hundred cues were adjusted for better performance with scanners that have poor large-signal performance. Since some of our QS users have such scanners, we decided to adjust the workspace to get things to look good with these bad scanners.

Whenever something doesn't look good or work right, very often times people blame the software. Our software is used on a huge variety of laser projectors, and we endeavor for it to work well on all of these projectors. But it means that we must have these projectors in our office (we must purchase them), try all of our content on all of the laser projectors, and then make changes either to the content or to the software so it works well with all of this. Although the change may not be noted in the workspace text itself, I do believe that this is mentioned in the help file.

Best regards,

William Benner

Thank you for the reply William. I have copied everything across now by just copying and pasting cue's. Wish I could have copied and pasted the whole page but oh well it's done now.

Thanks again for helping,
Rob

Assisted merging of shows via Timeline

Hi Guys

Could you please code in a couple of nested for-loops into QuickShow.

In the Quick Timeline tab, I want 2 new menu items:

a) "Backup all Page Cues to Timeline"
b) "Restore all Timeline Cues to Page"

Its so tedious copying them all like this:

bkVeMYd.png

It really makes merging shows laborious when it could be so simple.

Thanks

Back