Merging of two or more beyond 3D files into another one

lasershow-creation

Hi all,

I tried several times now to merge /copy an existing beyond 3D file into an currently opened one. Until now, unfortunately I found no way how to achieve this.

What is currently possible:
- import an existing fbx file into an opened beyond 3D scene (inside the import dialog window you can choose between "import in new scene" or "merge into opened scene". Unfortunately I miss this function with beyond 3D files.
--> I already tried also to export the scene into fbx out of Beyond ,but this also does not work.:eek:

Does anyone know an walk around or similar idea?
Only way currently to work with seperated 3D scenes is to use C4D as before. But I really would like to use directly Beyond 3D since the rendering and real time laser output is excellent.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Tobias

Hi,

it seems, no workaround or idea how to achieve this available till now?
May be any idea I could try out?

@Alexey: is there any schedule or plan available to implement this function?

Best regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

This is known question, it appear from time to time. Developer of BEYOND 3D told me that this is a current limitation. This operation seems simple, but under the hood it require merge of libraries of additional things such as a materials, and so on. This is not simple to make it right.

Anyway, we know about this, and we had a talk about a week ago. Regarding the schedule - sorry, I don't have such information.

Best Regards,
Alexey

Back