message to pangolin

ollie

hiya pangolin. iv been working with the fb3 and live pro for a few months now and im so impressed with it. The dac is amazing and live pro is the best and most user friendly program iv ever used. iv got one thing and like to see changed.
im trying to design my own shows using la show rider and went to do this in my spare time where ever i am, the problem is a dont carry my fb3 dac around all the time with me so i was wondering if a offline mode could be built into the program that would allow editing when the dac is not plugged in.
i understand u want to stop fraud so use the dac as an activation process but it causes a host of problems as i can only edit shows when up at my lock up.
is there any way this could be done?

thanks you so much
oliver stewart

HI Oliver,

I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the FB3 and the rest of the system. Unfortunately, you are right -- we have a need to prevent piracy of our systems, and one of the ways that we do that is by requiring the hardware to be connected when you are using the software.

We are considering new ways of preventing piracy which should be nearly as effective, but offer more convenience for you and won't require the hardware to be connected. Just keep watching the "what's new at Pangolin" section of our web site for news.

Best regards,

William Benner

I think having it so on first run, the hardware has to be connected, then every month or so the software would lock, and you would have to temporarily reconnect the hardware too unlock it again.

Just my .01c (Stupid exchange rates :p)

Hi Things,

We already do this with the LiveQUICK software, but not with our more advanced software such as LAStudio or the soon-to-be-released QuickShow.

Actually, the FB3 is really pretty small. Dare I say, not all that more inconvenient than a dongle? So it can be brought onto an airplane (for example) and still used along with the software.

Sure, for those people who have built the FB3 into their projector, this is not a great answer. But with the advent of the FB3-XE, somehow, we don't think it's much of a problem.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back