Midi Control Color

NLdigital

I'm looking for a way to control the lasers color through a midi. I currently am a VJ using an apc 40 mk2 with resolume. I was thinking of using a midi looper such as loopMIDI to control resolume and quickshow at the same time with the APC.

I also have a MPK mini mk2 that i've been able to connect to quick show. I have been able to set up some things through the "Learn" function for black out and quick effects, but all I really need is a way to control the color.

I'm hoping to have the lasers match the color of the visual clips I have on the screen. Was hoping to have it work with a knob or fader on either of the controllers. otherwise I would need to have both programs up, controlling them with the mouse, or have a 2nd computer all together.
My only other idea was to manually make a show sequence for each color, and have them as different cues. (1 red, 1 blue, ect) and switch between them.

The only thing I need to control is the colors. I was just going to have them running on a Auto LJ show. but customer wants lasers to match color. Any ideas?

This documentation describes how you can address colors on the APC40 MKII on midi.
But there is no way to get the colors from a cue and send those through midi to the midi controller.

Attachments

• APC40Mk2_Communications_Protocol_v1.2.pdf
    775.7 KB · Views: 39
Back