midi to DMXout not working

Tristan

Im probably missing something simple but when i use DmxOut 1, 255 on a note on and then DmxOut 1, 0
on a cue button i get no dmx signal. Its pretty strange as i got the tap tempo to work altho this also has other codes in it

Heres my Scrypt for taptempo for the Apc mini

Note On
if (getmididevicelayer=1) goto Layer1
if (getmididevicelayer=2) goto Layer2
exit
Layer1:
midiout 0x90,0x59,0x7F
DmxOut 1, 255 // set first DMX OUT channel to 255 (max value)
BeatTap
exit
Layer2:
midiout 0x90,0x59,0x7F
SetBpm 120
exit

Note Off
midiout 0x80,0x59,0x00
DmxOut 1, 0 // set first DMX OUT channel to 255 (max value)

Kind Regards, Tristan

Did you try to use the script in "on change"?

Note on, is when you push the button down.
Note off is when the button is released. So you are executing 2 scripts at almost the same time.
Note off also requires an exit.

I'm not sure about the on change scrypt. You put a scrypt on each note on and note off.

I just found it strange how I added the dmx out to the taptempo button and it works fine but not with the cue buttons

Could you give me some examples of scrypt that might work.

Many thanks Bob

Also thinking about it. Maybe it's worth making the scrypt at software level to trigger dmx rather than midi triggered so then you can control. Ie avolites via touch screen on beyond

Ive been pretty timid on sharing my pango to dmx 5 channel fixture function out of feeling hard done by. Ie helping out at events for less than equipment hire or free to charitys and fear of giving business minded folk that don't dedicate time to there craft and not having the technical understanding to improve there traits free rydes. Probably all my own head battles with that but I will shortly show the scrypt for simple dmx control for zones to help out any creatives with a lack of that tec skill. The same again with how I hope to be rocking avolites and beyond in synchronisation ✌️ Hopefully inspire some peeps on the smaller budgets how they can roll. Any lighting desk is well out my budget

So im still struggling with this. using midi monster a button push gives a note on gives 255 dmx signal and off a 0 dmx signal when you release it. How can i achieve this comand. ie push the button sends 255 as a dmx signal followed by 0 dmx signal

Ive been able to set pango scrypt in the cue page but this works as a push once gives a 255 signal. Push again to get 0 dmx signal.

Also I would prefer to apply the scrypt to the grid rather than individual cues

Kind regards Tristan

So with further playing ive found if i take the button out of the grid it then sends the dmx as expected. Is there a work around for this by any chance? Also why would the grid be stopping the dmx being sent

Cheers, Tristan

Back