Modifying cues in timeline

Roadrunner

I have made several cues that I would like to use in a new show. I will use each of them multiple times in the show but I want to change the color for some of the uses. Do I need to create a new cue for each cue color before I drag it into the timeline, or is there a way to use a single cue and change the color for that cue within the timeline?

Yeah if you don't convert it to a local cue, changes you apply via "Edit" in the timeline will affect the cue in the workspace and permanently alter it there.

Either apply changes such as colour via using the "Effects" track and adding effects there, or convert it to a local cue before editing.

Similarly, if you're using custom made cues that aren't in the standard workspace and distributing shows you've made, these should be made into local cues as well because unless it's been altered in recent versions, custom cues that were non local weren't included in saved shows (they were only references to the workspace), so once distributed they didn't display on pc's not using the custom workspace.

Thanks guys. That is what I needed. I should have realized that. I think I know the answer but I have a follow-up question. Once a cue is made local, is all linkage to the original cue lost? In other words, if I make changes to the original cue that I would like to have show up in all of the related local cues, will they appear in every local cue?

Back