MP3 - media player

Ray

Have noticed that on some shows when you get to the " load mp3 file" bit ... the player just starts to play the music as soon as it loads all by itself. (ie without pressing the "all" button)
This does not always happen, seems more prevalent with shows that have been imported from elsewhere or ones that I have added music to.
The inbuilt Pangolin shows don't do this..
Any ideas...... some settting somewhere ??
Cheers

I'am also have this problem, but then I open the MP4 video file. It's starts to play without pressing the play button. Can't solve this problem - one way is to press the stop button

When you load the media file, are you double-clicking on the file name in the file requestor, are do you single-click on the name and then press OK?

I have seen software -- not only ours, but also many others, that sometimes give a false reaction if you double-click in a file requestor. Clicking once on the file name and then pressing OK is the best way.

Try that and let me know if it solves the problem.

Best regards,

William Benner

HI Bill and LVR,

I ran some tests...
In Showtime 2000 "loadshow" says found .shs... load ..yes, found. lds... file load ...yes found MP3 with same name say ..yes.... it loads and immediately starts to play the MP3.
Only option then is to hit stop button quickly on the Pangolin media player.
If loading a WAV file it does not start automatically at least on the ones I tried.
On checking it seems to apply to all MP3 files even ones that come with Pangolin discs.. like for example Beam show "FX"

Ray

Hi Ray,

We have never even seen the problem. If we could see it, I am sure we could fix it.

Do you see this problem with all Pangolin shows and media, or only certain ones that you have made yourself? If you can see it with the shows that we supply with the royalty-free music, such as Revelation, Linea or Eternity, then we should be able to reproduce your steps and your problem and then solve it. But if you only see it with your own shows or certain media files, then we will need to get the relevant files in our hands so that we can see what is happening.

Please try the experiment and let us know the results using our contact form.

Best regards,

William Benner

Have noticed that on some shows when you get to the " load mp3 file" bit ... the player just starts to play the music as soon as it loads all by itself. (ie without pressing the "all" button)
This does not always happen, seems more prevalent with shows that have been imported from elsewhere or ones that I have added music to.
The inbuilt Pangolin shows don't do this..
Any ideas...... some settting somewhere ??
Cheers

HI.- you solved this problem already? I have the same problem since a while. Wav: No problem,- Mp3: starts automacitly.- cannot finde the problem

Back