Music Lagging behind

Hi, I am using QS. A 5min laser timeline with music often starts with a ~150-250ms lag (the music is lagging behind, the laser starts as normal). I use a wav file. The problem persists on two different machines, both are in good order and capable, one is dedicated to shows only. I haven't noticed any other outside factors that trigger this - other programs, restarting, charging, etc.
Now the intersting thing is that it usually comes up only one time, after idling for 10-30mins or something. If you stop it instantly and the push play for the second time, it palys in sync, every time. But when you push play after some time, say 15 mins, sometimes it lags - not always.
Looks like it is putting the music file into RAM or program cache, and then stores it there until the memeory is needed otherwhere - I am no expert here, though.
It is hard to do lots of testing, as usually after pushing play, It will keep the file in the memory and the problem is hard to reproduce.
The problem is shows, as I have to keep pushing "Play - Stop - Play" to get it in sync, which works but is a bit stupid. And in the new Years show, we had to split and a junior had to do this show - of course, he forgot the secret sequence and the music lagged:(
Anyone experienced this or have any ideas?

Hi, Yellow Hello!
By itself, the file extension does not say anything yet.
Your wav file most likely contains a variable bitrate.
For a more accurate analysis, we need the characteristics of your PC and the wav file itself

Back