Network sessions with Beyond

ping141

Hi! When doing bigger productions, more and more often I would have great use of being able to work from several computers in a networked Beyond session, where one machine would be the master and run the lasers while another could work on cues, timelines etc. Not for executing shows, but for all the work before. Just the same way we work in our lighting consoles and media servers.

Right now we export and import cues etc. between machines, which is a bit inefficient when for example working in a speedy TV environment.

There are probably a bunch of technical hurdles tied to this setup, but it is something Pangolin have considered?

Thanks! Best regards, Jan Martin, Laserteknikk, OSLO, Norway

Hello Ping,

We are aware of the issue but at the moment this does not have the priority. In later version of BEYOND there are such features to be expected. However, I cannot tell you when that will be.

I don't know if he can help you,
in a setup with lasers placed in different places (stage, entrance, disco, etc.) I work well with a master computer, and a laptop that I connect to the network in different places with the remote desktop, so I always work on the master and avoid to transfer files

Yes, that works for some situations, but what I'm looking for is a way for more than one person to work at the same time on a show.

Back