Newbie teething problems, targets.

ljvc

Hello everyone,

I finally received my QS software and FB3 today and it all works a treat. I trigger cues via DMX (Enttec Pro) The only Issue I seem to be having is that when I try to program the beam targets within QS I get a quick flash of a beam but no possibility of getting a steady permanent beam. Have I wasted a lot of money on a laser that promises a lot on paper but fails to deliver in the real world? It's a Chinese generic 1.5W RGB, branded under LightMaxx from Musicstore in Germany. I've tried the projection zones etc but to no avail. Luckily I've not yet spent a small fortune on rotating diffraction mirrors, which ultimately is, the final effect I am hoping to achieve.
Hopefully you seasoned pros can shed some light on my dilemma and I eagerly await your replies.

Hi LJVC,

Are you telling us that you get for a very short moment, output of the beams, and then they disappear?

For starters, did you try to do multiple beams as once.
(the thing i am thinking of is that the scan fail acts up)

Is there on your laser an notification when the scan fail is active?
If so, could you check if that notification becomes active when you experience this problem?

Waiting for more information,

Greets,

Bob

Hi LJVC,

Are you telling us that you get for a very short moment, output of the beams, and then they disappear?

That is correct

For starters, did you try to do multiple beams as once.
(the thing i am thinking of is that the scan fail acts up)

It seems to work when there is a larger image being projected at the same time and also with 2 or 3 beams simutaniously but they have to be quite widely spaced

Is there on your laser an notification when the scan fail is active?
If so, could you check if that notification becomes active when you experience this problem?

Not as far as I can see

Waiting for more information,

Greets,

Bob

Thanks for your help so far Bob.

I suspect Bob is suspecting what I do; there is some generic scan fail device in your projector that will not allow it to scan something really small to avoid "hot spots" during a scanner failure. It is seeing a static beam as a failure and either throwing a shutter (assuming it has one) or blanking the lasers when an image gets too small. I recently saw a "less expensive" laser projector do this and it appears to be a "safety" feature although it is actually causing static beams not to work.

I bet if you take a normal image and reduce the size of it in our software the projected image from the laser will disappear before it "should" since again the scan fail device is thinking there is possibly a scanner failure.

Back