No audio tab - Beyond Essentials running in Win VM on Mac via Parallels

Hello everybody,

I'm fairly new to Beyond, so I'm not sure I've explored all available avenues, but... I don't see an audio tab. I'm kind of thinking that Beyond is having issues with the way Parallels is presenting audio hardware to Windows 7 on my Mac. Has anybody seen anything like this before? The Mac doesn't have a dedicated line-in interface, but does have a microphone. Audio works fine in all of my other programs in the Windows VM.

Any info would be appreciated!

Please do right click on QuickTools tabs (tabs on the bottom), context menu calls UI settings dialog, and enable Audio tab.

It is not recommended to use Parallels for shows. Plus, it has a few knows specific things that has impact on BEYOND functionality.

Regards,
Alexey

Thank you very much. That worked! I spent I don't know how much time googling and reading docs and didn't see anything.

Thanks for the advice about Parallels. I'm not using it for anything other than content creation. I intend to boot to Windows for live performance.

Please do right click on QuickTools tabs (tabs on the bottom), context menu calls UI settings dialog, and enable Audio tab.

It is not recommended to use Parallels for shows. Plus, it has a few knows specific things that has impact on BEYOND functionality.

Regards,
Alexey

I have to agree with this. I've seen too much instability just in watching youtube tutorials of various lighting software being run in Parallels to feel comfortable with this setup.

I couldn't possibly trust the safety of my audience or the reputation of my show to anything other than the native platform that Beyond was written for as well as having Beyond running as the only main program on that computer.

Obviously, everyone can choose to run in any way they wish but this is my personal preference

I've been using VMware Fusion to do Beyond development work on my Mac Pro; so far so good.
But I run my shows from an Asus laptop.

FWIW...Mike

Macbook pro here with windows 10 x64 on parallels 12 for mac. (disabled, "enable adaptive hypervisor" in the vm).
Shows I do from Bootcamp windows 10 x64.

Back