No laser output please help! (UPDATE PROBLEM SOLVED)

Steve Quinn

Hi everyone, we need your help with a real head-scratcher of a problem. Both of these setups were working perfectly when setup 2 days ago.

(UPDATE SINCE I WROTE THIS: we noticed an error message at the bottom left hand side of quickshow that says:
-------------------------------------------
Detected multiple applications in the network
Quickshow 4.0.8.1184 at LAPTOP-1
Multiple applications might create connection problems
-------------------------------------------
Hopefully this is our problem.... We only have fb3's, no networking and the laptops/setups are not connected even by wifi so not sure how networking is involved!

The symptoms of the problem are below....

We have no actual output to our lasers (kvants and laserworlds), the fb3's seem to be behaving properly with green on startup, yellow when connected to a laptop, slow red when connected to laser and no cue and a faster red when we press a cue. We have checked there is no demo output selected nor is it outputting to a different zone which is the advice we read on the forum for someone with similar problems.

Here comes all the headscratching bit....

This is happening exactly the same on 2 x 2w kvant clubmax's (connected to 1 laptop + 1 fb3) and 2 x 1w laserworlds (connected to 1 laptop + 1 fb3). The fans are running on the lasers, we have tried different ilda's and different fb3/usb cables. We have removed the fb3's from quickshow and re-added them. We have also uninstalled and reinstalled quickshow on both laptops all to no effect.

The laserworlds have an auto function and when they are not connected to the fb3 work fine. We have also connected a 3w Kvant that didn't come with us to the gig and that is the same, i.e. no output so we feel its unlikely the lasers are damaged.

ps, the fb3's aren't fake as I bought it direct from Pangolin to ensure no problems like that.

We are very grateful for any help.

Hi everyone, I'm not sure I can explain this clearly as I am not a technical person and phrases like 'ensure the power is on' and 'turn on the key' may as well be written in chinese!! But I will try:

My partner 'forgot to put a key in the unit' hehe

For anyone who English is not your strongest language I am being very sarcastic and making fun of my friend just a little bit. I think its fair to say that if we have any problems in future we will both look to the key slot first :)

In my case the scanners enact and they react by pitch to the various signals chose. The pins on the breakout board don't have a number assignment allocated (printed) they simply state Loop and Loop return. I put a jumper wire between the two yet the outcomes were the equivalent. DZ had referenced that a voltage could be applied to the circle and if everything is acceptable it would pass through and back to circle return, the red LED would light. I don't have a 5volt source on my projector to utilize so I left it detached. I plan to add a total interlock circuit sometime in the future however I have to ensure I have all that else working first.

Hi, ElvisBlack!
Please duplicate your question on support at pangoli dot com.
I'm afraid that you will have to wait a long time for an answer to such a specific question here.

I too have no laser out put. Still waiting on my new Unity models to make it to me and just switched over to Quickshow. Currently using lw Diode series projector with FB3 directly to my laptop.
All of my FB3 seem to be working correctly, going through the proper light cycles and responding correctly when I "Enable Laser Output" by flashing red. However, There is no laser out put from my projector. I can hear the projector processing the commands and going through the process but no laser out put. Key is in and turned to the on position, Interlock is in the proper port, dip switch is appropriately set, manual shutter is wide open, and power switch is on. The projector was working fine until I did two things, calibrated the color as shown in the "quick show how to video" and moved the projector to another area of my space. I have already reversed the color calibration to no avail....
What really doesn't make sense is that I can still use the dip switches to put the projector in Demo mode and it works fine with the internal memory files.

Someone....anyone....please help!!!!!

Back