No QM2000 connected

Mike

Which version of Beyond supports the ability to use the software without the hardware connected? I've not been able to get this to work yet - maybe it's the version, maybe it's me!

Mike

Any version should work, but you must first run the software with a QM2000 or a licensed FB3 connected to the computer, at least once, before you can run BEYOND without a hardware device connected to the computer. If you are running the QM in a .NET box make sure you can connect it to LD2000 first to rule out any IP address problems.

So both LD2000 and Beyond see the hardware - a QM.net device - I shut down the software, disconnect the hardware, and then when I start Beyond again I get told that it can't find the hardware and it starts and then immediately exits.

Mike

Hi Mike

Once you've started Beyond with either your FB3 or QM2000 connected, navigate your way to settings/configuration. You'll see two checkboxes there, one for Enable QM2000 controllers and the other for Enable FB3 controllers. Make sure that both of these are unchecked.

Now, with both of those boxes unchecked, re-start Beyond and it should work without either of the controllers connected. Of course, if you want to use Beyond with either of the controllers in future just re-check the option you require and re-start Beyond.

Hope that helps

Regards

Jem

Hi Mike

Sorry, no idea about Beyond 3D.

I opened it once, had a look and closed it %) =)

Back