Not able to enable laser output

Quest

I'm having some problem with QuickShow. I have been using this program for a while and suddenly there is this problem. I didn't change anything on the machine nor the program. Experts, please help.

Whenever I click "Enable Laser Output", laser doesn't come out and the FB3 controller's red light keeps flashing.

Any idea what might occurred the problem and how I can fix it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Quick dumb answer, have you checked the DB25 going into your projector? Mine is very touchy and even slightly unscrewing one of the screws will disable output. I know this is equivalent to calling tech support and being asked to reboot your computer/router but I thought I would toss it out there.

Hey... ;)

Tom

What version of the FB3 card are you using?

If you happen to have one of the earlier FB3's that uses a memory card, you can get that problem if the card isn't seated.

Check both ends of the USB cable are seating properly - swap the cable and see if that makes a difference.

If you are using a USB hub, try connecting directly to the USB port on the computer.

Also, use QuickShow to check the FB3 firmware status -
If the firmware is out of date, you may need to update the firmware for everything to function correctly.

Last edited:
Back