OSC & Timeline

Discussion in 'PangoScript, Universe and Midi Templates' started by thunder-lights, Feb 8, 2016.

1. thunder-lights

thunder-lights New Member

Hello,

I have to start a timeline with OSC command in entrance.
    But in Beyond I saw a lot of OSC parameters but not PlayTimeline (like
    pango script "PlayTimeline")

(I can't create a cue and launch it)

So I need to start my timeline with an OSC command.

Can you help me ?

Thanks,

Guillaume.:)

2. ENOT

ENOT Software Developer Staff Member

Hi Guillaume,

There is gateway between OSC and PangoScript commands. Almost any PangoScript command may be sent over OSC. There is special prefix in address, take a look at example:

/beyond/general/PlayTimeline

where /beyond/general/ is a name of gateway (or a prefix)

and PlayTimeline is PangoScript command.

Internally, BEYOND transform incoming OSC message and execute in same way as PangoScript command.

In a a complex cases might be used OSC to PangoScript Server.

3. ENOT

One more related thing is /b/ gateway. it is a bidirectional door between OSC and Objects (see Object Tree window). Example

Master.BPM

in OSC version:

/b/master/bpm

This allow sent OSC message to any BEYOND object. And, BEYOND memorize all names you used and will generate a feedback if object property state will change.

Regards,
    Alexey.

4. ENOT

Sorry, one more hint that might help to find a right way. The first what appeared in BEYOND were PangoScript commands. After that we spent some time on OSC servers. During this process appeared gateway between commands and OSC. After that appeared ability to operate with Objects. It allow read and write the state of various objects in BEYOND. And, then we made a gateway between Objects and OSC. After that development of OSC stopped, because... we have gateways now. No need to duplicate the code at our side, same as it hopefully help at your side. So, please remember that we have /b/ and /beyond/general/

Regards,
    Alexey

5. thunder-lights

Osc

Hello,

Thanks for yor complete answer ! :)

So i try this :

[​IMG]

But nothing append on timeline ...
    What's wrong ?

Thanks,

Guillaume.

6. ENOT

PS Command is a part of address. Arguments for OSC message are arguments for PS command. In this case, you should send OSC message to address

/beyond/general/playtimeline

without arguments

Regards,
    Alexey

7. thunder-lights

osc

Hello,

So it works but I have to write the sentence on beyond like that :

[​IMG]

It work so it's ok for me :)

Thanks for all,

Guillaume

8. ENOT

OK, it is possible do what you did, it is legal and valid. But it does not explain why /beyond/general/playtimeline does not work. Could you please send me screenshot of OSC monitor as you did above? Address /beyond/general/playtimeline works, try to run it from PangoScript editor. There should be some other detail.

Regards,
    Alexey